IN THIS ISSUE
01. Your Voice
02. Regional Briefs
03. International Briefs
05. Call for Action
06. Calendar of Events
08. Fellowship/Scholarship Opportunities
09. Call for Papers/Submissions
§ § § § § § § § § § § § § § § § §
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
In fact, it may be necessary to encounter the defeats, so you can know who you are, what you can rise from, how you can still come out of it.
~ Maya Angelo ~
- Disseminate and discuss the outcomes of the Beijing+15 review at national and regional level;
- Popularize the African Women’s Decade (2010-2020) as an opportunity for States to deliver on their various commitments to women’s rights and empowerment;
- Agree on national and sub-regional priorities, strategies and action-plans for the first three years of the African Women’s Decade, addressing areas identified in Beijing +15 reports;
- Strengthen FEMNET’s linkages with women’s rights organizations in the sub- region;
- Explore new opportunities for networking and movement building in order to support the work of the gender and women’s machineries to deliver on their mandate.
SOUTH AFRICA: Labour Market Shuts Out Women
LIBERIA: Even with peace, Liberia’s women struggle
Senior Operations Manager, Ghana